AWC ART SHOW RULES
The theme of all entries will be “the whippet”.
1. Applications for artwork close March 15th, 2009. No late applications will be accepted.
2. Applications should be mailed to:
Linda Waggoner, 54653 Morrison Road, Bandon, Oregon, 97411
3. There will be a $10.00 entry fee. (per artist).
4. Artwork will be exhibited in a secure area.
5. The following categories and sub categories will be available for exhibitors.
A. Painting and Graphics: oils, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, pencil, pen and ink, mixed media.
B. 3-D/Functional Art: fiber arts (quilting, needlework, all fiber arts), sculpture, glass, designer arts/jewelry, decorative painting, pottery, and functional art.
C. Photography and Digital Art: black and white, color, digital, graphic art.
You may enter under the following classes:
Junior: ages 10 – 16
6. Ribbons will be given for first, second, third and fourth in each category and subcategory.
7. Ribbons and trophies will be given for Best Junior, Best Amateur, and Best Professional.
“People’s Choice” award will receive a special ribbon and trophy.
“Best in Art Show” will receive a special ribbon and trophy.
8. All artwork in categories A. and C. must be mounted and/or framed for presentation.
9. Exhibits may be placed “for sale” or marked “not for sale”.
10. Entries brought to the show must arrive at the show site by April 7th, 2009. You do not have to attend the National to enter your work. You may ship your entry.
hipped artwork must be received by March 30, 2009. Artwork maybe shipped to:
David Howton, 155 Forrester Lane, Canton, GA 30115
Art work for sale will be sold in the following manner.
The artist may set a base price for the entered work. AWC will take 20% of all art work sold based on the base price of the work.
All artwork for sale that receives a placement will be put into a live auction. All artwork for sale that doesn’t receive a placement will be placed in a silent auction.
The funds will be divided in the following manner.
- 20% of the base price goes to AWC
- 80% of the base price goes to the artist or an AWC activity indicated on the application.
- Anything above the base price raised in the auction will go to AWC.
The AWC, host hotel, or any AWC member will not be held responsible for any damage, loss or shipping hazards for entered artwork.
The artist will be responsible for artwork that is returned by shipping. The artist will be charged return shipping fees, insurance and a handling fee for shipped artwork.
For more information, you may contact:
Linda Waggoner, 541-347-2171 or 541-290-9171 or firstname.lastname@example.org